WILL TED CRUZ GO TO HELL?

   I have always had a tentative arrangement with hell. One day I am certain it exists,


 and I am even more sure who will reside there,  undergoing torments with no cool relief in sight. Other days I do not believe, and hope that God's mercy will rehabilitate these horrible humans.

  But today I inhabit the "I believe in hell" room, especially after seeing what Putin


 is doing to Ukraine--bombing apartments, killing civilians, murdering children, starving Mariupol, and taking unwilling refugees over the border to send them to work in the far parts of Russia. Let us not forget the possible use of poison gas and nuclear weapons. Some think he has already used chemical weapons with phosphorus bombs.


 

 Then, although not as awful, were the Senate hearings to conform Judge Katanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court (which has already been corrupted). The vitriol, racism, dog tweets, and utter disrespect towards a black woman of amazing talent, intelligence, accomplishments, and judicial knowledge was horrifying. And deeply sad. That we have come to this as a nation.


 

 Rick and I often have conversations about whether the racism is worse now than it was before Trump. He says that Trump and his minions just gave White Supremacists permission to release the hatred that had been there all along. I say it is worse, but what do I know? I think a Person of Color needs to weigh in on this.

  But let's get back to Hell. Bishop Robert Barron in one of his video clips said that the door to hell was locked from the INSIDE not the OUTSIDE.


 This is a revelatory way of looking at eternal punishment, that the people within that hot room have chosen to be there, have put themselves there by their own acts of will. God is not locking the door from the outside, which means that Her grace is open to all who wish to receive it. And I expect that this means that someone who has chosen to go to hell, can also choose to get out of it. This may be where Purgatory comes in.

 Someone once wrote, probably C.S. Lewis, that God's love would feel like the fires of hell to someone who had totally rejected God. This makes sense to me.


 

 So, who is in Annie's Hell: Genghis Khan. Caligula. Pontius Pilate. Herod. Stalin. Putin. Hitler. Goering. Trump. The Proud Boys. Duterte. Ted Cruz, and all the traitors in Congress. Oh, Lord, the room is hardly big enough for them all, although my intuition says that the walls of Hell are expandable, like a Bounce House, giving room to anyone who chooses to be there.

 How about you? Who would you add to Annie's Hell? I am sure you have some candidates. Feel free to join the conversation. And remember that if you post a comment, it will not appear immediately. As moderator of content, I have to approve it first.

Comments

Popular Posts